Pick the location most convienent to you!
CCRB - Minneapolis: Cancer & Cardiovascular Research Building Facility - Poster Submissions
- Reminder: Your CCRB prints are picked up from the CCRB Info Desk just inside the main entrance.
Jackson Hall - Minneapolis: Jackson Hall Facility - Poster Submissions
Snyder Hall - St. Paul: Snyder Hall Facility - Poster Submissions
Upcoming annual meeting or conference? We're happy to help you out with poster printing!
- ASCB (American Society Cell Biology)
- SfN (Society for Neuroscience)
Cloth Printing at the University Imaging Centers!
We are happy to announce with the addition of our new printer in Snyder Hall we are now offering cloth printing for foldable posters that are great for travel!
Location: Currently cloth printing is only available at our Snyder Hall facility.
Rate: $8.00/sq foot.
Cloth Proof Rate: $15.00 (Flat Rate).
We are using a water resistant satin cloth media. All of the quality of our normal paper stocks with the added benefit of folding for easier travel.
In addition to being able to fold the paper you can also iron it. A medium - medium-high heat iron will help smooth out any small lines should they appear over a long flight.
Interested in cloth printing? Contact Alex Cramer.
Notification and Turn Around:
Posters submitted by 10am are typically printed by 4:30pm the next working day. You will be contacted when the poster is ready. Faster turnaround time will be subject to a $20.00 RUSH charge. Posters requiring significant editing may result in delays and/or additional charges at $25.00 per hour. Multiple posters needed for classes or symposiums will require more leadtime. Contact University Imaging Center staff to arrange this. Posters can be picked up during normal business hours Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please be aware that the length of time to print a poster is directly proportional to both its physical size (length x width) and its file size (KB, MB, GB). A large GB file may take hours to process even before the printer begins.
Payments must be in the form of a departmental chart field string or check made out to the "University of Minnesota". Minnesota sales tax will be applied to any check payment.
Poster Creation and Submission Tips:
- Fonts: If you submit a file with a non-system font (meaning one you downloaded from the internet), you must either supply us with the font, or convert your file to PDF.
- Certain effects in PowerPoint, such as transparencies and gradients, do not translate properly to print. If you are using such effects we recommend printing a small proof for review. Please allow sufficient time if you would like to have a proof printed by us.
- When inserting charts, figures, and photos into your PowerPoint file, please us either the "Insert" menu, or the "Paste Special" command. Do not do a simple cut and paste, otherwise there may be printing errors.
- If you're submitting an Illustrator or InDesign file, please make sure all images are embedded, and that your text has been converted to outlines.
- Prints will have a 1/4 inch white border outside of the printable area. Extra charges will apply if you need prints precisely trimmed to a specific size.
- Make sure that there is at least once inch of space between the page border and any text, photos, or other objects. This mainly applies to scientific posters, and not to graphic design prints.
- Designers and design students: We will normally print crop marks on files that have white space defining the print borders to aid you in trimming.
High resolution posters up to 60 inches wide and at any length can be made from PC or Mac.
Supported File Formats:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Adobe InDesign (INDD)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT)
- Various Image formats (JPG, TIFF, etc)
Contact us with questions concerning other file formats.
Paper Size Information - We stock five different sizes of our standard paper.
- 24 Inch Roll
- 36 Inch Roll
- 42 Inch Roll
- 50 Inch Roll
- 60 Inch Roll
Please note that when creating large posters it is often required to create the poster at half size due to a maximum page size of 56 inches in PowerPoint. We then print your poster at 150%, 200% scale etc. If you have any questions regarding a very large poster please don't hesitate to contact us.
U of M $5.75 per square foot
External Rates $9.00 per square foot
CBS Undergraduate Students Special Rate - Call for Details
11-inch wide plain paper roll $1.25 per square foot
We also have the ability to print on other media types - call for rates.