Please join us on April 20th, 2015 for the first workshop of the Midwest Preclinical Imaging Consortium, organized by May Clinic and Northwestern University, to be held at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
Managing directors of small animal imaging core facilities and faculty members engaged in imaging research from Midwest universities will be coming together to discuss the best practices in noninvasive imaging technologies, and presenting the best case studies from their centers.
The Minnesota Microscopy Society Symposium is coming up soon!
- Date: Friday, May 1st, 2015
- Location: Science Museum of Minnesota
- 120 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul. Discovery Hall
- Parking: Science Museum or River Centre parking ramps.
Specimen Preparation for Biological TEM and Correlative Light and Electron Microscope (CLEM)
- Time: 8:30 - 4:00 PM (Tentative), Thursday, April 23, 2015.
- Places: Morning lectures: Mayo 3-100
- Afternoon practical session: NHH and Moos Tower
- Registration Deadline: April 15, 2015.
The workshop focuses on recent advances for TEM sample preparation and for correlating what we image in the light microscope with the very same specimen in the electron microscope.
The University Imaging Centers is happy to announce new Image Analysis Office Hours.
- Location: 1-220C CCRB
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays and as arranged.
- Contacts: 301-9850; Dr. Thomas Pengo, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas of the UMII (located in the UIC) can provide multidimensional image analysis resources for researchers interested in sample measurement or visualization at no additional charge.
- Services Include:
- 2D Image Analysis (morphometry, particle analysis, densitometry, etc.)
- 3D Image Analysis (volumetric sample measurement) reconstruction and image editing instruction.
Analysis is performed with Nikon Elements, FIJI, Imaris, MATLAB and R software.
Analysis tools available in the facility includes: Nikon Elements for analysis and deconvolution, Imaris for 3D reconstruction and image analysis, ImageJ / FIJI.